What is Student Ministry all about?
Student Ministry at HCBC Leander is all about what we can do to influence students toward life-change through Jesus. We do this in two primary ways:
- The first thing we focus on is small groups. Our goal is to have every student connected to a small group of peers and two adults who help them grow in their love for God and others.
- The second thing is student leadership. All of our environments give students the opportunity to take real responsibility when it comes to serving in the church, influencing their friends, and leading during our Sunday programs.
On Sunday mornings, we encourage students to either worship with their family or serve in one our Sunday morning ministry areas.
What happens in Middle School Ministry?
Our Middle School gathering meets every Sunday evening from 5:00-6:30pm (doors open at 4:30pm for games, music, and catching up with friends and leaders). During this time, your middle school student will experience a high energy, fun atmosphere that is geared directly towards middle school students. We’ll play crazy games, worship God, listen to a Gospel-centered message, and connect in small groups.
What happens in High School Ministry?
Our High School gathering meets every Sunday evening from 7:30-9:00pm (doors open at 7:00pm for games, music, and catching up with friends and leaders). High school students will have the opportunity to break away from the pressures of life, and experience an exciting night with friends and adult leaders. We’ll play fun games, sing along with the High School Worship Band, listen to a Gospel-centered message, and connect in small groups.
Our desire is to engage every student in life-change through Jesus. We believe that one of the primary ways this happens is through serving inside and outside the church. Here some ways you can serve:
- Kids’ Ministry on Sunday mornings: email Emily Covarrubias for more information
- Guest Experience (ushering, door greeting, parking lot): email Joe Bob for more information
- Latino Ministry: email Marcelo Lamas for more information
- Worship Ministry: email Matt Howard for more information
- Community Outreach: email Joe Bob for more information
Aug. 12, 2018 - Promotion Sunday
Aug. 25, 2018 - NextGen Conference - Register Here
Sept. 23, 2018 – Feet to the Street (No MS or HS gatherings at night)
Nov. 2, 2018 - Middle School Lock-in
Jan. 18-20, 2018 - High School Polar Bear